Do I need an EFT therapist?
As in all therapeutic situations it is extremely helpful to work with someone that can mirror your situation. A well qualified EFT therapist/practitioner will be able to navigate through problems and situations and arrive at core issues that once dealt with, will facilitate fast progress.
Quite often we will not take ourselves in to areas which feel uncomfortable and a therapist will provide the safe environment for this to take place.
An EFT therapist will be able to back up these simple techniques with their greater understanding and awareness of psychological terrain.
Does one have to believe in EFT in order for it to work?
EFT works whether you believe in it or not. My experience with EFT is that once people start getting results this creates belief in the process anyway and that this can then positively impact the therapeutic process.
IS EFT safe?
EFT is completely safe and there are no known negative side effects. There will be certain situations that a well qualified therapist will be able to handle better then a lay person which includes:
- what to do in situations of heightened emotion
- what to do when the problem seems to become more intense
- avoiding the "ankle point" if the recipient is pregnant
Will EFT work for children?
EFT works wonderfully for children. It is gentle, quick and light hearted. A Teddy Bear (affectionately known as Tapping Bear) can be used to incorporate these powerful energy techniques in to the world of children.
What if it is too painful to me to talk about my problem?
There is no need for you to talk about your problem if you do not want to. There are specific ways of doing EFT that can be applied in these situations. The avoidance of retraumatising the recipient is a great benefit of these techniques and it is a regular occurrence that relief is achieved without any detail being discussed.
What about medical problems?
EFT is considered a Complementary Therapy and as such does should not replace seeking qualified medical advice where needed.
Why use EFT rather than a different form of therapy?
- EFT often works where all else has failed.
- EFT can get to the root of the problem very quickly.
- EFT is simple to use and can be used as a self help tool, which people find useful to assist them in times of need or to speed up the process when working with a therapist, by doing "homework" between sessions.
- EFT is safe.
- EFT can be done via the telephone, which means geographic location ceases to be a problem, and also that a therapist can assist in an emergency situation, such as a panic attack.
Thanks so much for the sessions Mike. I feel really positive about the future now. Thank you.
Stop unhealthy and unwelcome behaviours; banish phobias; improve your self esteem and confidence or simply learn how to really relax. Come inside and find out how...
Neuro Linguistic Programming
Release negative emotions & limiting beliefs; create the positive change you want in your life...
Personal Growth & Team Development
Boost your personal effectiveness at home and work. Tap into your true potential. Find out how inside...